gauging Interest - RS Turbo Cabriolet

Any type of Vehicle for sale in here. NO PARTS SHOULD BE POSTED.

gauging Interest - RS Turbo Cabriolet

Postby notroubleclubber » Sun May 17, 2009 1:53 pm

Im just gauging interest on if i sell my cabriolet.

There is a rebuild thread on the relevant section (search for turbo cabby build).
The car is up to a decent state now. MOT till nov this year,tax due end of this month.
The cabriolet is a d plate (has a dplate personalised plate now from the original rs turbo donor i had)87 car. The only welding its had in its life is on the rear sill.I cant see anything else.The engine bay could do with a jet wash (i will try and get this done)but is very solid, no welding i can see.The only rust on the whole car seems to be on the bottom of the passenger door but i will try and get this sorted too if i have time.
The car has a newish white roof that has been converted to electric using all original ford parts.It works fine.Could prob do with a new cable along the sides to make it properly meet the window but i keep a cover on it at all times anyway.
The car was completely stripped when we done the turbo conversion and all interior and dash was removed.There was no rust found what so ever and no welding found either.however the inside has been painted with white smooth hammerite under the carpet along with new underlay to give it extra protection.
All the parts have come from a one owner d plate s2 rs turbo and i have all original documents from the donor car as it was my nans from new.I only done the transplant as i found this solid shell and the original rs was too far gone to save.
All the wheel arches were checked before the bodykit was fitted and any surface rust (very little on drivers side rear only)was ground back to bare metal and treated before bodykit was fitted.
Engine has had the top end replaced due to head gasket failure signs and this has all been setup professionally local running 14psi boost.I havent had it rolling roaded but its quick!!!
Engine has done approx 130k but doesnt show it and was checked when head was replaced. Head is Stage 3 ported and polished with piper t2 cam.I have a vernier pulley to fit to this but it flies as it is!
All samco hoses,k&n filter,polished crossover pipe,new header tank,195bhp chip,full stainless exhaust.
See pics from thread for full rebuild.

Just needs the door sorting and the interior tidying up as fitted a in car tv/dvd player into heater vents and boost gauge could do with tidying up where its been mounted in the pocket.Also has a cat2 immobiliser fitted with certs.Might have time to fit the rest of the alarm and central locking but doubt it.Will include all this to buyer though.
Momo steering wheel.
If im gonna keep then i was gonna do the following:
Fit cosworth front brakes (4x4 new calipers & pads included)
tidy Interior
Sort out passenger door
T Cut and polish whole car!!

As you can see, its basically finished.
Ive also got 4 spare rs turbo s2 wheels and have a couple of spoilers which are currently on ebay but didnt fit as think it looks better without a spoiler.
Everything that was possible came from the one owner s2 rs turbo including:
number plate (valued at £490)
Loom (ABS was removed from this as cab didnt have abs and didnt want it!)
Interior
Bodykit
Engine
Wheels
Any anything else that fitted!!!

ive fitted white dials,boost gauge,clear side and front indicators.

heres some pics:

What would u say its worth?
notroubleclubber
Flat battery

Re: gauging Interest - RS Turbo Cabriolet

Postby notroubleclubber » Mon May 18, 2009 7:04 am

May swap for interesting van or estate!!!!
notroubleclubber
Flat battery

Postby notroubleclubber » Sat May 23, 2009 9:52 am

i maybe also after a s1 or s2 shell to stick the engine into. nothing wrong witht he cab but might just make it a bit more keepable for me as got no garage.
notroubleclubber
Flat battery

Postby notroubleclubber » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:17 am

Central locking now fitted.
notroubleclubber
Flat battery

Postby michmash/eddie » Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:23 pm

looks clean mate,
michmash/eddie
OddKidd Contributor

Postby notroubleclubber » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:03 am

No with 6 months tax as using it at weekends.
notroubleclubber
Flat battery

Postby michmash/eddie » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:23 am

Are you gauging interest for a future sale, or is the car for sale mate?

if you are gauging interest then there is a section for that.

This section is a 'for sale' section. You will need to put a price up or move it into the correct section :wink:
michmash/eddie
OddKidd Contributor

Postby notroubleclubber » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:41 pm

OK £1500
notroubleclubber
Flat battery

Return to CARS / VEHICLES for sale