1988 XR2 in black

Any type of Vehicle for sale in here. NO PARTS SHOULD BE POSTED.

1988 XR2 in black

Postby Rosco » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:55 pm

Right thinkin about selling my XR2 cos seen another car I like, i've only had it for about 4 weeks and I travelled to Birmingham for it. I bought it cos my first car was an XR2 and i loved it despite it never making the road! Plus when my brother got his red one, I decided I wanted another, but it was a spur of the moment thing and i've had my fun so time to move on. 8)

Its a black 1988/E reg car and is in crackin condition for its age/model. Its mot'd till Feb 2008 and taxed till end of July. Its just turned 80k but unfortunately the previous owner lost the history to substantiate this but by how it looks and drives, i'd be inclined to believe it.

Its totally standard and original except a full G-max suspension kit (only lowered slightly, handles superb) 4 branch manifold and full Ashley exhaust, pipercross air filter and possibly a cam (its lumpy on tickover and pulls hard all the way round). Also got clear indicators.

Interior is in mint condition and car drives perfect. No knocks, smoke or pulling to the side.

Just before I got it, she got 4 new matching Avon tyres on the original pepperpots, a new clutch, a new gearbox from Ford and new valve stem oil seals. the previous owner worked for Ford and the car got a oil change and filter every fortnight cos it cost him peanuts.

Overall the car is a really, really good example. Its on its original Ford wings (still stamped), and the whole car is super straight. Paintwork comes up mint with a polish and all the bodykit is straight and in good condition. the only thing letting it down in my opinion is two small rust scabs on tailgate under window rubber and a bubble the size of a 10p on the drivers door. Its had a plate done on passenger inner wing where they usually go but been done well.

I'm reluctant to sell as these are gettin really rare in this condition, its an investment if its looked after. Car is great fun and pretty quick. Its totally reliable too, drove the 350 mile trip home with no problems at all and was also good on fuel.

I'm looking for £1295 ovno, and viewing is recommended. We were all down at the Classic Ford show at Santa Pod there, where an identical car but not as clean sold for £1500 much to my amazement! 8O

I'll try and get pics but my computer is bust the now - car is in Dunfermline and can be viewed anytime - will try and get pics asap.

Sorry for the novel but it saves loads of questions etc lol - pm me or call/text 07951 995583 - no timewasters need apply.

CheeRS 8)
Rosco
Flat battery

Return to CARS / VEHICLES for sale